SOPROXI is a project designed for suicide survivors, i.e., for those who have lost a loved one by suicide. SOPROXI offers specialized information as well as expert consultation and support to relatives, friends and others who have experienced the suicide of someone close.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact us.
What is SOPROXI?
SOPROXI is a non-governmental, non-profit, voluntary organization, which started operating in 2006 at the Department of Mental Health of Padova, in the North-East of Italy. The project has rapidly grown and now operates on a nationwide basis in Italy. SOPROXI aims to promote the psychological well-being of and provide specialized support to relatives, friends and anyone else who has lost a significant other by suicide. Our aim is to help survivors cope with this traumatic experience through the bereavement process, and give them the opportunity to “meet” professionals and peers who have had the same experience. An additional goal of SOPROXI is to build knowledge and awareness of suicidal risk factors and suicidal behaviour and to contribute to suicide prevention.
Who are we?
We are a group of psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, survivors and students working in related fields. We co-operate with SOPROXI on a voluntary basis. We have previous professional experience with suicidal patients and survivors, and all believe that preventing and surviving suicide is possible! New members are welcome to join us!
Which services do we provide? What do we offer?
We offer multiple services for suicide survivors. Specifically:
- e-mail service providing information on suicidal behaviour, suicide support centers and crisis centers
- vis-à-vis and on-line questionnaire assessment for suicide survivors
- vis-à-vis consultation with a psychiatrist/psychologist for suicide survivors
- on-line (Skype) or telephone consultation with a psychiatrist/psychologist for suicide survivors
- support groups: suicide survivors meet each other and a mental health professional
- on-line support groups (via chat): suicide survivors meet each other and a mental health professional via a chat room
- individual and group psychotherapy for suicide survivors
- residential seminars of Mindfulness
Additionally, we organize workshops, courses, conferences and other educational events for social and mental health professionals, as well as for students, groups and any other person wishing to learn more about suicide, its prevention, and how to cope with it.
Do you want to work/co-operate with us?
You are welcome to join SOPROXI! We look for new members who are willing to share their ideas and work with us! If you are interested, please contact us!
Would you like to support us?
SOPROXI is a non-profit organization supported entirely by the voluntary contribution of members, followers and donors. If you wish to support us, you can make a donation to the following account:
IBAN n° IT25B0335967684510700042131
Thank you for your support!
If you want to know more about SOPROXI (or if you would like to participate in one of our services), please contact us:
progetto SOPRoxi, c/o CSM via Buzzaccarini 1, 35124 Padova, Italy
web site: www.soproxi.it